TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND/OR THE SERVICES OFFERED VIA THIS WEBSITE BY HELPMIN ACCOMMODATION CONFERENCE & FUNCTION VENUE (Pty) Ltd
A. WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Helpmin provides the information and services offered to you via this website (”services“) subject to the terms and conditions set out herein. By accessing the Helpmin website (”website“) and using any of the services and information offered via the website from time to time you shall be deemed to have agreed to all the terms and conditions set out herein. Helpmin may at any time modify these terms and conditions and your continued use of the website will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time of your use. Accordingly you agree to review these terms and conditions periodically, and your continued access or use of the website shall be deemed to be your acceptance of the amended terms and conditions of the website. Terms and conditions relating to special offers, which are, from time to time, contained elsewhere on the website, shall, to the extent that those terms and conditions conflict with the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, take precedence over the conflicting provisions of this Agreement. By accessing and using any of the services offered via the website you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out herein. Do not access and use the site if you do not agree to be bound by these terms. Helpmin may at any time modify these terms and conditions and your continued use of the website will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time of your use. Accordingly we kindly request that you review these terms and conditions periodically as your continued access or use of the website shall be deemed to signify your acceptance of the amended terms and conditions. Helpmin reserves the right at any time to change or discontinue, without notice, any aspect, feature or service offered by way of this website.
1. Use of the Website
1. Helpmin reservations feature of this website is provided solely to assist you in determining the availability of travel-related goods and services and to make legitimate reservations. You agree to be financially responsible for any financial transactions made by you on this website (as well as for use of your account by others, including without limitation any person under the age of eighteen years of age). You agree that the reservations facilities of this website shall be used only to make legitimate reservations. You understand that overuse or abuse of the reservation facilities of this website may result in you being denied access to such facilities, at the sole discretion of Helpmin.
2. For any reservations or other services for which fees may be charged, you agree to abide by these terms and conditions as well as, that payment of all amounts shall be paid by you when due and that you shall comply with all rules and restrictions regarding rates and charges as well as in respect of the availability of products or services. You shall be completely responsible for all charges, fees, duties, taxes, and assessments arising out of the use of this website.
2. Content of the Website
Whilst every effort is made to update the information provided on this website on a regular basis, Helpmin makes no representations or warranties, whether express, implied in law or residual, as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of information contained on any of the pages comprising the website and shall not be bound in any manner by any information contained on the website or any of the pages comprising the website. Helpmin reserves the right at any time to change or discontinue without notice, any aspect, feature or service offered by way of this website. No opinions, information, data or content contained on the website shall be construed as advice and same are offered for information purposes only. Helpmin gives no warranties and makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any such opinions, information, data or content.
3. Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
The content on the website including all registered and unregistered trademarks, logos and other graphics, constitutes the intellectual property of Helpmin and all data and information communicated to or from the website remains the sole property of Helpmin.
You may view, electronically copy and print portions of the website for your personal use and for purposes of making online reservations. Any other use, including reproduction other than as aforesaid, amendment/modification, or distribution, without our prior written consent, is strictly prohibited and constitutes an unlawful infringement of our intellectual property rights.
4. External Links
External links may be provided for your convenience, but they are beyond the control of Helpmin and no representation is made as to their content. Use or reliance on any external links provided is at your own risk. When visiting external links you must refer to that external website's terms and conditions of use. No hypertext links shall be created from any website whether controlled by you or otherwise to this website without the express prior written permission of Helpmin.
If you are under 18 years of age, you may use this website only with the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you represent that you are of sufficient legal age to use this website you will be bound by any legal obligations and liabilities that you may incur as a result of your use of this website and the services. You agree to supervise all usage by minors of this Website under your name or account.
1. You acknowledge and agree that Helpmin shall be entitled to establish the authenticity of any communication transmitted to it by way of the Internet which purports to emanate from you. You agree that all instructions, consents, commitments, reservations and any other communications which purport to emanate from you and which are sent to Helpmin by way of the Internet and which may (as a result of, inter alia, interception, equipment malfunction, the distortion of communication links or any other reason whatsoever) be different from the details actually sent or given, or may not have been given by you at all, shall be deemed to have been given by you in the form actually received by Helpmin and you will be bound by such details with no liability of whatever nature attaching to Helpminin regard thereto.
2. You waive any rights you may have or obtain against Helpmin arising directly or indirectly from any loss or damage of whatsoever nature which you may suffer as a result of the fact that Helpmin acts on your instructions or instructions purported to emanate from you. You agree to and hereby indemnify Helpmin against all and any claims, liabilities, losses, costs, fines, damages and expenses incurred (whether directly or indirectly) by you, arising as a result of the fact that Helpmin has acted on your instructions or instructions which purport to emanate from you.
7. System Availability
Helpmin will use reasonable endeavours to maintain full system availability, except during scheduled maintenance periods.
8. Warranties, disclaimer and exclusion of liability
You warrant that every instruction and all information given by you to Helpmin shall be accurate, true and correct. Helpmin makes no warranties, representations, statements or guarantees (whether express, implied in law or residual) regarding, without limitation, the website, its content and/or accuracy thereof, any services provided via this website or the suitability of any of the services for a particular purpose or the effectiveness of any security or encryption facilities.
Helpmin does not warrant that the functions provided by the website will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the website or the server that makes it available are free from viruses or other harmful components.
Helpmin, its directors, employees, agents or representatives shall not be responsible for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential) or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered by you, the recipient of any services or any third party arising from or as a result of the conclusion of any agreement for the services, or as a result of or which may be attributable (directly or indirectly) to your use of or reliance on the website, including any information provided thereon, services provided via this website; any viruses that may infect your computer or other property on account of your access to and/or use of the website; the efficacy of any security or encryption facilities; or the internet and you indemnify and hold Helpmin harmless in respect of any loss, liability, damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential) or expense of any nature whatsoever, which may be suffered by you or any third party as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to any of the aforesaid.
You agree that you will not, in using the website, infect it with any computer programming, including but not limited to a virus, that may damage, interfere with, delay or intercept data or information on the website and you indemnify and hold Helpmin harmless for any damage or loss caused by any such act.
9. Helpmin Statement of Privacy
1. Your privacy is very important to Helpmin. To help protect your privacy, we adhere to the following guidelines. –
2. Helpmin will explicitly ask when they need information that personally identifies you or allows them to contact you (”Personal Information“). Generally this Personal Information is requested when making reservations, registering to use this website, when requesting a particular service, when sending feedback or when entering a competition.
3. Helpmin will use your Personal Information to operate the sites, provide services, and to inform you of new features, services, and products, to enable us to process, validate and verify reservation and requests for services and for the purposes for which you specifically provided the information; to improve your experience on our website; to improve and develop new features and services; to alert you to new services and special offers and for other purposes.
4. Helpmin shall be entitled to disclose Personal Information if required to do so to (a) comply with applicable law or with legal process served on Helpmin; (b) to protect and defend the rights or property of Helpmin, and (c) for the purposes of distributing same to various third parties who are involved in the provision of the services provided in accordance with these terms and conditions.
It is our intention to only send you emails communications that will be useful to you and that you want to receive. When you make a reservation and provide your email address, we will periodically contact you via email and provide information about special offers and promotions that may be of interest to you. These communications will relate to Helpmin offers which may also include the promotions of select, reputable third parties with whom Helpmin has a strategic marketing relationship because they offer products or services that we believe would be of interest to you. When we make use of third-party email service providers to send the aforesaid emails, these service providers are prohibited from using your email address for any purpose other than to send Helpmin related email.
The website is viewed over a secured connection. Any information provided by you on this website cannot be viewed by anyone else over the Internet.
1. Any claim, dispute or impasse relating to these terms and conditions shall by governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law. You hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of South Africa in respect of any disputes arising in connection with the services referred to herein, or these terms and conditions or any matter related to or in connection therewith.
2. These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior oral and written agreements. No failure or delay on the part of Helpmin in exercising any right or remedy hereunder or enforcing the terms and conditions of this Agreement will operate as a waiver thereof. Headings are for convenience only and not for use in interpretation of these terms and conditions.
3. All provisions of these terms and conditions are, notwithstanding the manner in which they have been grouped together or linked grammatically, severable from each other. Any provision of these terms and conditions which is or becomes unenforceable in any jurisdiction, whether due to voidness, invalidity, illegality, unlawfulness or for any reason whatever, shall, in such jurisdiction only and only to the extent that it is so unenforceable, be treated as pro non scripto and the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
4. Delay or failure to comply with or breach of any of these terms and conditions if occasioned by or resulting from an act of God or public enemy, fire, explosion, earthquake, perils of the sea, flood, storm or other adverse weather conditions, war declared or undeclared, civil war, revolution, civil commotion or other civil strife, riot, strikes, blockade, embargo, sanctions, epidemics, act of any Government or other authority, compliance with Government orders, demands or regulations, or any circumstances of like or different nature beyond the reasonable control of the party so failing force majeure, will not be deemed to be a breach of these terms and conditions nor will it subject either party to any liability to the other.
Should either party be prevented from carrying out its obligations by force majeure lasting continuously for a period of 30 (thirty) days, the parties will consult with each other regarding the future implementation of these terms and conditions. If no mutually acceptable arrangement is arrived at within a period of 30 (thirty) days thereafter, Helpminshall be entitled to terminate all of its rights and obligations in terms of or arising from these terms and conditions and/or any service forthwith on written notice.
1. Payment for any reservations or other services for which fees may be charged by Helpmin shall be payable by you on departure from the lodge in question or, where applicable, shall be debited to your account after departure.
2. The rates payable by you in respect of the provision by Helpmin of any services and/or goods, including but not limited to the provision of accommodation at helpmin, shall be the current applicable rates of the particular lodge specified by you. Those rates are available from the helpminl itself, or alternatively from Helpmin at +27 21 761 7585.
3. Non Refundable Rates /or Refundable Rates Payment going through our Payment Gateway will secure full payment and debit the credit card used in making the booking. ”The credit card used to confirm and pay for a reservation is required to be presented on check-in at the lodge. An imprint of this card will be taken by the lodge on check-in in order to prove the card was present.“
4. Other Rates
Credit card details on the website is merely to secure a reservation, and does not constitute payment in respect of the services to be provided by Helpmin. Helpmin reserves the right to debit your credit card with a cancellation fee equal to 1 nights’ accommodation, if a reservation is not cancelled by 10:00 (lodge time) on the day of arrival.
5. The customer/client hereby agrees that this transaction constitutes an electronic transaction as defined in the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 2002 and that a binding agreement has been concluded between the Lodge and the customer/client authorising the Lodge to deduct or to debit the credit card for payments for services rendered to the customer/client. The hand signature of the customer/client shall not be required for authorisation purposes.
14. Conditions of Residence
1. The guest, signing the registration card upon check-in, warrants that he is duly authorised to sign for and bind all persons represented by him or for whom he is responsible (”his party“) to these conditions of residence and, failing such authority, agrees to be personally liable for all amounts arising from the residence of himself and his party at the lodge.
2. The guest and each of his party aggress to pay not later than the time of departure (unless prior written arrangements have been made with the Lodge management) the room rate is determined by the lodge for the period of residence, the costs of food, beverage and any other amounts relating to such residence together with VAT (if applicable) incurred by the guest and his party during his/their stay in the Lodge. Periodic payments must be made if the account exceeds the credit limit designated by the Lodge, and accounts are payable on presentation.
3. A certificate from the Lodge Manager prima facie shall constitute proof of indebtedness of the guest and his/or his party and of the particulars therein for all purposes including any action instituted by the lodge against the guest and/or any of his party.
4. The guest agrees that after his departure, the lodge may retain goods left behind by him and/or his party and authorises the lodge after giving one month's notice to the address registered by the guest of its attention to do so, to sell same, privately or publicly, at the lodge's discretion at such price as the Lodge may determine and offset proceeds of such sale against possible indebtedness of the guest or to hold such proceeds or part thereof for a period of three years pending any claims by the guest for those proceeds failing which they shall be deemed to have been forfeited to the lodgel.
5. The guest hereby agrees on behalf of himself and the members of his party that it is a condition of his/their occupation of the lodge that neither the lodge, its landlord, employees nor agents shall be responsible for any injury or death of any person or the loss or destruction of or damage to any property upon the premises, whether arising from fire, theft or any cause and by whomsoever caused or arising from the negligence or wrongful act of any person in the employment of the Lodge. The guest and his party may hand to the Lodge for safekeeping money and /or valuables, whereupon a special receipt will be issued accordingly.
6. Where appropriate the masculine gender shall include the feminine gender and vice versa and the singular shall include the plural.
15. Governing Law
These terms and conditions shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
If either party institutes any proceedings against the other party arising from these terms and conditions or any matter related thereto, then the party against whom such proceedings are being instituted consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of South Africa in respect of any disputes arising in connection with the services referred to herein, or these terms and conditions or any matter related to or in connection therewith.
17. Force majeure
Delay or failure to comply with or breach of any of these terms and conditions if occasioned by or resulting from an act of God or public enemy, fire, explosion, earthquake, perils of the sea, flood, storm or other adverse weather conditions, war declared or undeclared, civil war, revolution, civil commotion or other civil strife, riot, strikes, blockade, embargo, sanctions, epidemics, act of any Government or other authority, compliance with Government orders, demands or regulations, or any circumstances of like or different nature beyond the reasonable control of the party so failing, will not be deemed to be a breach of these terms and conditions nor will it subject either party to any liability to the other.
In the event that either party is prevented from carrying out its obligations in terms hereof by reason of force majeure lasting continuously for a period of 7 (seven) days, the parties will consult with each other regarding the future implementation of these terms and conditions. If no mutually acceptable arrangement is arrived at within a period of 7 (seven) days thereafter, Helpmin shall be entitled to terminate all of its rights and obligations in terms of or arising from these terms and conditions and/or any service forthwith on written notice.
Stay with us and feed the hungry
All profit raised by Helpmin Hotel is used to fund H.E.L.P Ministries charity projects, such as the Soup Kitchen Project which feeds 5000 school children and 1000 unemployed adults with soup and bread on a DAILY BASIS in Cape Town, South Africa. Click on the banner below to read more about the H.E.L.P. Ministries International Trust.